Saturday, January 2, 2010
What to expect from the future of gaming?
Over the last twenty years there has been a quantum leap in technology and the ability to develop video games that are very photo realistic. This has got me thinking about how far we have come in this industry and what would video games be like twenty years from now? I think video games would use holographic technology that would interact with the user based on motion detection and would have sophisticated artificial intelligence that would communicate with the player like they are a person. I could only imagine how future iterations of Halo or Gears of War might be twenty years from now. Perhaps, the game would be a holographic image that would take up the entire room and you would be entrapped in a three dimensional world. You as a player would have to dodge the elements and beat the bad guys through a series of actual movements and actions. Also, these video games would incorporate other human senses such as smell, and the ability to touch to further enhance the environment of the world that we play in. I do wonder what social implications or political actions that may be taken due to the advancement of technology. I think about how fun Grand Theft Auto might be twenty years from now or how much exercise I might get by playing Sonic the Hedge Hog. I can only imagine how great playing a role playing game would be in the future. Can you imagine interacting with characters that would help you on your quest or confronting enemies that wish you harm. There are a lot of things to look forward to in the future but also there many games to look forward to right now. So, think about the future but enjoy the present.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment